The warmer weather is just around the corner so now is the time to start rethinking your spring skin routine. Winter can leave your skin feeling dry, dehydrated and generally dull. Revamping your skin care routine with regular exfoliation, masques, serums and boosters can help your skin transition from dehydrated winter skin to spring fresh.
Strip back the dry, dead skin cells that are the culprits in leaving your skin looking dull. Regular exfoliation sloughs off dead skin cells, allowing your moisturisers and serums to penetrate and work more effectively. Regular exfoliation will reveal that fresh, spring skin underneath! Effective exfoliation ingredients include:
- Salicylic acid to resurface and stimulate natural exfoliation (Daily Resurfacer, Daily Microfoliant. Gentle Cream Exfoliant and Agesmart Multivitamin Thermafoliant).
- Rice bran and papain will gently microfoliate the skins surface and help to dissolve excess surface skin cells (Daily Microfoliant, Gentle Cream Exfoliant).
- Finely granulated corn cob meal will gently remove dulling surface debris (Skin Prep Scrub).
To gain the best benefits from exfoliants use 1 to 2 times per week.
Serums and boosters
Revitalise your winter skin with intensive serums and boosters. Serums and boosters will address winter skin issues such as sensitivity, dehydration, luminosity, pigmentation and breakouts.
High performimg ingredients in boosters and serums include:
- Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5) which helps to repair and hydrate the skin (Skin Hydrating Booster).
- Raspberry fruit extract and honey to calm a sensitive skin and add vital moisture (Gentle Soothing Booster).
- Argan oil is an excellent source of antioxidants to help repair and address skin ageing symptoms (Age Smart Overnight Repair Serum).
Serums and boosters can be applied separately under a moisturiser, adding a few drops mixed into your moisturiser or even massaging onto the skin underneath a masque for extra benefit.
Masques are an added bonus to any skin care routine. With the change in season they can calm, rehydrate and repair winter skin. Look for masques that contain ingredients such as:
- Vitamins A, C and E for repairing and nourishing (Age Smart Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque).
- Hyaluronic acid for super hydrating properties (Skin Hydrating Masque).
- Bentonite and Kaolin to absorb oils and clear congestion (Skin Refining Masque).
For all skin types, use 1 to 2 times per week for the best results.
Every season it is important to continue with proper cleansing, moisturising and eye care.
For free personalised advice, please contact us.
Yours in skin,
The Prodermal Team X