With only a couple of weeks until we officially welcome summer, now is the time to reassess your skin care and prepare your skin for warmer months ahead.
Whilst you generally don’t need to change your skin care too much from season to season, it is always a good idea to do a skin care stock take regularly to address your current skin care needs.
Are you ready to start your spring clean and get ready for summer?
- The number one priority is to check your product dates of expiry. Dermalogica products have a date symbol on all of its packaging and all sun related products have a best by use date. If your make up doesn’t have expiry dates or manufacture dates, the general rule for mascara is three months and eyeliners about six months. Foundations and concealers between 6-12 months with eyeshadow and lipsticks about 2 years. Prodermal tip: Use a permanent marker to write the date you open products as a reminder when its time to change!
- Clean up! Give all make up brushes and sponges a wash. If you have some on hand, use Special Cleansing Gel or the Medibac Clearing Skin Wash. Alternatively use a gentle detergent. Use a small amount, wash brushes gently, rinse and air dry. This is the perfect opportunity to give make up and products a clean with an antibacterial wipe.
- Next, it’s time to do a product stock take. If you are running low on product or feel your skin is changing, this is the perfect time to speak to your Prodermal expert on your skin care goals. A professional consultation always ensures you get the best out of your customised product selection. Book a face to face consultation at the Prodermal Clinic, call and speak directly to our expert, complete the online advice form or use the online Dermalogica speed mapping tool.
- How is your skin feeling? If your skin tends to feel oiler in the warmer months, you may want to think about some product selection to control your skins oil production. Try Dermalogica’s Clearing Mattifier which helps to provide shine control, inhibits overactive oil production and is perfect as a primer before make up.
- Up your hydration levels. During the warmer months, we spend more time outdoors and the increased heat can lead to dehydration. We can’t replenish our skins hydration with drinking more fluids alone. Combat dehydration using a hydrating product like the Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster underneath or mixed with your moisturiser. Try the Skin Hydrating Masque which helps to restore suppleness and can be used over the entire face, neck, lips and eye area.
- Need some skin boosting or repairing after winter? Try the AGEsmart Overnight Repair Serum. This boosting serum enhances cell nourishment and helps to increase the strength and skins luminosity. The new Phyto Replenish Oil is a must if your skin barrier is weak to help replenish your skins protective barrier. It provides the skin with a hydrating and protective all day dewy finish.
- Mask it! Using a mask once to twice a week can give great pick me up results with your skin. Use the AGEsmart Multivitamin Power Rescue Masque, jam packed with antioxidents to enhance the barrier properties and promote healthy skin tissue regeneration. The Charcoal Rescue Masque is perfect for a skin that is tired or lacklustre. It helps to detoxify and brighten all skins.
- Skin doesn't stop at your face, so don’t forget the skin on your body. Now is the perfect time to prepare your body skin for summer. If you use self-tanners or spray tan, exfoliation is key prior application. Exfoliate with Dermalogica’s Exfoliating Body Scrub.Its creamy formula polishes and energises the skin. Or, nourish and exfoliate with Dermalogica’s Body Hydration Cream which smooths away rough skin. If you suffer from breakouts on your back or shoulders particularly in warmer weather, the Medibac Clearing Skin Wash will help to clear away excess oil with its botanicals and salicylic acid formula.
- Finally, and most importantly invest in sun protection. A Prodermal favourite is the Protection 50 Sport. This broad spectrum water resistant non greasy formula can be used on the body and the face. It’s also perfect for all the family.
Now, all that is left to do is to enjoy the rest of spring and welcome summer, knowing your skin care is ready to go!
Yours in skin,
The Prodermal Team X