We are excited to bring you the latest innovation from Dermalogica, the Phyto Nature Oxygen Cream. This reawakening daily liquid moisturiser firms, lifts and revitalises with premium hydrating and oxygen-optimising phytoactives. If you’re looking to slow down or reverse signs of skin ageing but are sceptical about whether such formulas really deliver, we get it! What we love about this new moisturiser, is that it is clinically proven to turn back the clock 4 years in the skin!
In a nutshell, what is this new oxygenating moisturiser and who’s it for?
The Phyto Nature Oxygen Cream breathes new life into ageing skin. It’s clinically proven to reduce the appearance of premature wrinkles after just 1 week of use, your skin will look firmer and more lifted. We love that it re-awakens the skin by using natural actives that have derived from plants that thrive in low-oxygen environments. This paves the way for a truly advanced moisturiser that is a cut above the rest. It also helps the skin to better absorb and utilise oxygen.
This is a daily moisturiser for anyone who feels they have prematurely ageing skin; dryness, fine lines, wrinkles, dull skin tone, depleted and tired-looking skin. The liquid-cream texture feels as light as air, a contrast to heavy creams typically formulated for this skin type. It can be used as part of your AM and/or PM routine.
What is skin oxygenation and how important is it for healthy looking skin?
The oxygen we breathe is vital to our survival and to our skin health. As we age, our skin takes in and utilises oxygen less effectively. Without sufficient oxygen, skin lacks the energy it needs to maintain its natural vitality. This shift can show up as fine lines, wrinkles, and an overall appearance that is dull, tired, and depleted. What’s also interesting is that dryer or dehydrated skin can be less likely to absorb oxygen from the atmosphere compared to moisturised skin. This is why Dermalogica focused on oxygen-optimising ingredients in a moisturiser rather than a serum for results that will bring out the best in your skin.
What are the ingredients that deliver the firming and revitalising results?
Firstly, it’s important to note that this moisturiser is not giving oxygen to the skin, rather the rare phyto-actives work by optimising skin’s oxygenation process. These phyto-actives aid the cells to better take up oxygen & to work more effectively to firm & energise the skin - like they did when they were younger!
- Ligustrum Lucidum seed, Glycogen, and Nasturtium Flower optimise the skin’s oxygenation process to boost luminosity and radiance.
- Adaptogenic Astragalus and Electric Daisy Flower smooth and tightens for a lifted look.
- Squalane and Luffa Root visibly firms the skin by minimising the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles.
- Antioxidant-rich Rose of Winter soothes and boost skin’s resilience.
Do you have any other tips for reducing skin ageing?
There are a host of factors that contribute to the way our skin ages. Taking care of your skin with a good routine is crucial but did you know that up to 50% of visible signs of skin ageing can also come from our environment? Factors like climate, UV exposure, pollution, sleep, diet, and stress can all accelerate skin ageing. It's not all doom & gloom! We recommend putting yourself first by ensuring:
- Fuel your body with good nutrition.
- Stay hydrated by drinking 1.5-2 litres of water daily.
- Move your body! Daily exercise or movement keeps fresh oxygen circulating the body, whilst increasing endorphins & serotonin - which we all know make you FEEL GOOOOOOD!
- Get some quality sleep! I know it's easier said than done, we recommend minimising screen time before bed & using a guided meditation with deep breathing to relax your circadian rhythm & prepare your body for a restful sleep.
- Lastly, always apply SPF every. single. day!
- Oh & one more, HAVE FUN!
How do I introduce Phyto Nature Oxygen Cream into my routine?
Dermalogica have shared a really awesome Prep, Treat & Glow Routine that our team are LOVING!
This routine was created to reawaken the nature of younger looking skin & restore radiance.
Here are our top product picks to complement the new Phyto Nature Oxygen Cream.
Phyto Nature Firming Serum – a firming and lifting dual-phase serum with sapphire-bound biomimetic peptides to reawaken the nature of younger looking skin.